This case study of NTT DATA is based on a June 2017 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“It is very useful tool to pull all types of data from our ERP so that we can minimize our development expenses for various customizations. With a standard system, we could get only limited combinations of the report columns.”
Experienced the following reporting pain points prior to implementing Atlas:
- Rekeying data from Microsoft Dynamics into spreadsheets
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- Combining/consolidating GL and non-GL data from multiple ERP & relational database sources
Used Atlas for reporting beyond Financials/GL in the following areas:
- Reports for top management
Chose Atlas over the following tool:
Experienced the following benefits as a result of Atlas:
- Streamlined report creation
- Improved data accuracy
- Improved access to live data to make strategic decisions
- Visibility into the overall business strategy
- The ability to upload data directly from Excel
Streamlined the following processes by using Atlas:
- Extracting data from Dynamics/relational database
- Sharing of reports/dashboards with the team or management
- Reporting outside the GL, such as Inventory, Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing, Projects, etc.
Gained the ability to do the following by using Atlas:
- Direct initiatives based on findings in reports
- Centralize reporting practices
- Gain Data Validation capability
- Increase the ability to complete tactical, complex analysis
- Increase time savings
Freed up 100-200 hours in one year throughout their organization by using Atlas for reporting.
Freed up up to 50 hours in one year throughout their organization by using the data migration/upload functionality within Atlas.
Source: Vikas Thumma, IT Professional, NTT DATA
Published: Jun. 23, 2017 TVID: 351-84B-24B
Download Link: pdf