This case study of Depomed is based on a June 2017 survey of Global Software, Inc. customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service.
“External reporting was improved through the creation of income statement 10-Q and quarterly balance sheet reports. Accruals review process also improved by reviewing custom open PO and pending invoice reports. Workflow approval processes improved with the ability to identify departmental bottlenecks using a workflow analysis.”
Experienced the following reporting pain points prior to implementing Atlas:
- Manual, multi-step reporting processes
- Creating reports in a timely manner
- Combining/consolidating GL and non-GL data from multiple ERP & relational database sources
- Limitation(s) of Management Reporter or Excel Add-in
Used Atlas for reporting beyond Financials/GL in the following areas:
- Reports for top management
- Workflow analysis, Fixed asset analysis
Chose Atlas over the following tools:
- Management Reporter
- An Excel Add-in
Experienced the following benefits as a result of Atlas:
- Streamlined report creation
- Improved access to live data to make strategic decisions
- The ability to upload data directly from Excel
- Consolidation of information from multiple tables
Streamlined the following processes by using Atlas:
- Extracting data from Dynamics/relational database
- Sharing of reports/dashboards with the team or management
- Month-end close & Management/Board Reporting Package
- Reporting outside the GL, such as Inventory, Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing, Projects, etc.
- Data migration / upload
Gained the ability to do the following by using Atlas:
- Gain Data Validation capability
- Increase the ability to complete tactical, complex analysis
- Increase time savings
Freed up over 300 hours in one year throughout their organization by using Atlas for reporting.
Freed up up to 50 hours in one year throughout their organization by using the data migration/upload functionality within Atlas.
Source: Michele Foster, Sr. Application Manager, IT, Depomed
Published: Jun. 23, 2017 TVID: 8A0-A43-6C4
Download Link: pdf